Sunday, November 29, 2009

6 Running with Ducks

Hey there,

Well, today (Nov 27th, 2009) had a blind walk!
Words can not describe the feelings I got from the walk. I am a kind of person that needs to be able to touch, hear and see. I was not sure if I could do a blink walk again (I had a short one 10 years ago) because I wasn't sure I could trust.
I was wrong. When I started guiding Armen, I decided to enjoy the experience instead of analyzing it. I work with/for small children (toddlers) and guiding wasn't that hard for me. I try doing it everyday with the children so I decided to use the same cues with Armen that I use with them. It worked! I felt comfortable around Armen and I felt we were in sync. I felt I did a lot of "cue talking" with him but I just wanted to share.
When it was my turn to be blind folded, I wasn't sure if I could let go the control. As I said before, I wasn't sure if I could trust someone that has just become my friend! Again, I told myself: "What can you lose?, test yourself!" I did! I was SURPRISED and PROUD of my progress through the walk. At the beginning, I started walking with not that much confidence and afraid of hurting someone else (we went to a big park here in the area, Greenlake and there is a LOT of people and dogs running, walking or riding bikes). Through my walk, I could feel how little by little I was letting go. I felt light, aware of my senses and safe. I was walking STRAIGHT around people with no guidance!!! That felt amazing!!!
I am grateful of having this experience. I am going to Mexico this Christmas. I want my mom and sisters to feel this as well. They are always very stressed and I think something like this will let them relax and "let go" for at least a couple of hours.
I will tell you later if this comes true. ;)

Thanks for reading!
Ix-Chel, 28
Mexican living in Seattle, Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment